President Obama 'Confident' That Nicki And Mariah Will End Feud



 Nicki Minaj, President Barack Obama and Mariah Carey
 

President Obama has more than enough on his plate with the elections approaching quickly on November 6, but somehow he still manages to keep up with pop culture. Obama was recently asked for his input on the beef between "American Idol" judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, and he had pretty positive thoughts. During a phone interview on "The Yo Show," Miami radio host Michael actually dedicated a question to finding out what Obama thought about the feud.
"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out, I am confident," the president responded. "I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."


Fans have certainly chosen sides in this feud, and while Obama is ever the diplomat, he does have a favorite of the two artists. "Mariah, she's actually done some events for us," he admitted. "Nicki, I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod." It's almost surprising that Obama hasn't had a chance to meet Nicki Minaj at this point, since he seems to be commenting on her antics fairly often.
A couple months ago, Obama was asked to weigh in on the lyrics in Minaj's "Mercy" freestyle, where she jokingly rapped about throwing her support behind Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. "I'm not sure that's actually what happened," Obama replied, when asked if he'd heard that Minaj might vote for Romney. "I think she had a song on there, a little rap that said that, but she likes to play different characters. So I don't know what's going on there."
The stars of Comedy Central's "Key & Peele" later had Obama's "Anger Translator" Luther explain how the president really felt about the Romney line.

No comments:

Post a Comment