Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez: A Breakup Timeline











Before the news broke that Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have reportedly split up, the twosome had shared many adorable moments in the public eye, ranging from romantic getaways to major red-carpet appearances. While fans wonder what might be next for the former lovebirds, CkonaBiZ is looking back on some of their most memorable moments.
 
December 2010
Jelena first sparked the romance rumors in late 2010 after they were spotted on the town getting pancakes. At the time, Gomez tried to brush it off as "all innocent," denying that anything romantic was brewing between the pop stars.
"I love Justin. When he first started to come over from Canada, his manager contacted me and he just said that he would like to meet me and he was just such a good kid," she explained at the time. "And I feel like a big sister now, 'cause I want to protect him. So I'm always very cautious with him, but he is so talented and he's so sweet, so that just started us wanting to work together. Now he's just become one of my good friends."

Young love: Look at photos of Justin and Selena in happier times.
January 2011
However, things seem to heat up fast when they were spotted on vacation together weeks later. The pair were spotted looking cozy in St. Lucia, confirming suspicions that they were dating.
February 2011
After dodging rumors that there was something romantic brewing between the two, they finally went public at the famed Vanity Fair Oscar party for a super glam night on the town. They walked the carpet together arm-in-arm, leaving no doubts about their relationship status.
May 2011
Among the many highlights of the Billboard Music Awards that year was a kiss caught by the cameras. Bieber later praised his date that night telling reporters that "she's amazing."
August 2011
That kiss, of course, was nothing when compared to Bieber bringing his pet snake, Johnson, to the VMAs when his lady love was hosting the pre-show that year.
September 2011
Bieber proved to be quite the romantic when he rented out the Staples Center so that he and Gomez could have the place to themselves. He certainly was the king of Gomez's world when he screened her favorite flick, "Titanic."

Bieber plants a kiss on his lady love at the 2011 VMAs: Watch here!
November 2011
The couple survive a paternity suit brought against Bieber, which was later dropped. Bieber remained steadfast that the claims against him were untrue. April 2012
Not only did the couple deny they were engaged that month, but weeks later, the 18-year-old noted he wanted to wait a bit before making any lifelong commitments.
"No, I'm too young. One day, I will get engaged, when I have found the right person in five or 10 years. It doesn't mean Selena is not the right person though!" he told Le Parisien. "She's going to kill me if I say that!" He added, "It is not easy to be so young and to have a relationship with someone that doesn't stay private. But, well, I am a public personality, it is what I wanted, so I have to deal with it."
But perhaps the cutest moment that month came when they shared a kiss on the kiss cam at a Lakers Game. "It's the most humiliating thing that's ever happened to me, probably, " Gomez said. "They were showing these little elderly couples and it was so cute. Then all of a sudden we're both looking up and we come on the screen and it's like... It was so awkward." June 2012
Bieber took Gomez on a romantic helicopter ride that month when both performers were in town for the MuchMusic Video Awards. And despite the PDA, Bieber shared to Fabulous magazine he never wanted to throw their romance in his fans' faces. He said, "It's my private life and I like to keep that separate. I don't have many things that I get to myself but that's one thing. I'm very happy, and I know my fans just want to be happy for me."
September 2012
Gomez's stop at the Toronto International Film Festival became a Bieber family affair. Not only did Justin show up to her junket for "Hotel Transylvania," but she also took his baby sister and brother to the film's red carpet.
November 2012
The couple splits. Sources cite busy schedules for the breakup and Bieber refuses to address it in a radio interview the same day the breakup becomes news. "I don't know what's going on in my life. To even assess that it doesn't make sense 'cause I have not made any comment, " he told Open House Party about the breakup.

The Biebs plays coy about his rumored romance with Selena in 2010
Coincidentally, Bieber is set to appear on the November 25 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter," where he opens up about his relationship with Gomez. The interview was taped pre-split.
"Sometimes... sometimes we gotta to take the back exits and do different things, but I never make her separate from me cause I don't want her to feel like I'm ashamed of her," he says of having to dodge the press when they went out. I feel like a lot of guys do that -- especially in the business," he added. "They don't want to be seen with their girl so they'll make them ride in separate cars and do all that 'getaway' stuff. When we get away, we're getting away together."

No comments:

Post a Comment