FOOTBALL:DIMITAR BERBATOV to quit Manchester United this summer.


And the Red Devils’ record signing, who cost £30.75million four years ago, says he is now available for just £5m.
Berbatov’s contract expired at the end of last season and United have taken up their option of extending it by an extra year.
But the former Tottenham striker, 31, says he is no use to anybody at Old Trafford if he does not get a chance from boss Alex Ferguson.
The United squad depart on their pre-season tour of South Africa and China this morning and Berba is expected to be included in the party.
But last night he wrote: “The truth is I love this club, but I am not going to be useful to anyone if I am not playing, And I want to play, I want to help.
“But for unknown reasons it’s not going to happen or my chances will be limited, so it’s better for everyone if we say goodbye.
“If not, I am professional and I will keep doing everything I can to help my team whenever I have the opportunity to do so.”
Berbatov says he asked for talks with Fergie after hearing the club wanted £10m for him.
He said: “Because I am tired of speculation, I am telling you this.
“I read the papers and I see they say £10m is my price. I talk with Sir Alex and he says £5m. So who is telling the truth, what do you think?”
Sao Paulo, meanwhile, are ready to block any attempt made by United to land £26m-rated Lucas Moura.
The midfielder, 19, is believed to figure on Fergie’s summer wishlist.
But his hopes of landing Moura have taken a hit, with his Brazilian club saying they are ready to take a gamble by hanging on to him.
Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvencio said: “It is a risk not selling Lucas but we are going to take it.”

It could be a ploy to try to drive the price up further but United are not willing to be held to ransom.

No comments:

Post a Comment