FOOTBALL;JOHN TERRY ASHINDA KESI YA UBAGUZI DHIDI YA FERDINAND.

Regardless of the magistrate’s verdict, English football had found itself in a lose-lose situation.
Yet another embarrassing week for everyone involved in the Premier League.



John Terry, Anton Ferdinand and even Rio Ferdinand will all move on.
They have to. They are professionals.
I’m sure the players will all get stick from various sections of fans next season but, sadly, this is to be expected. This is the type of world we now live in.
Terry was cleared of racially abusing Anton. Good luck to him.
As a player, I have always admired him a lot. As a player, I will continue to admire him.
Nevertheless, I hope he has learned from this sorry chapter.
The main point seemed to be in terms of the context of Terry’s comments during the game between Chelsea and QPR.
The FA are now in a tough position.
There will be some Liverpool fans who remain angry at Luis Suarez’s eight-game ban for what he said to Patrice Evra. They may argue that this current episode has also brought the game into disrepute.
I would like to think this will be the last time I have to talk about these type of racist accusations on the football pitch — but I fear it won’t be.
Every time I speak about the problems which remain in this country, I then get accused of being racist myself, or for having a chip on my shoulder.
Everyone says it is better than the 1970s and, to a degree, they are right.
You don’t hear much racist stuff coming from the terraces — but nevertheless, problems remain. People must not kid themselves.
We still need signs up at grounds warning people of the dangers of being caught shouting racist stuff. That’s hardly ideal.
Ultimately, this court case was a complete waste of time and money.
Football fans have also discovered the type of ‘banter’ which occurs between players on the pitch during a game.
With Terry, it seems to revolve around the fact that he had allegedly slept with his best mate’s ex-girlfriend.
As I know through experience, things can get pretty heated out on the football pitch but the stuff we heard in court was pretty horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment